To help ensure the fun and safety of all of our campers we do require that all dogs be up to date on the following:
- Bordetella - administered every 6 months
- Influenza (covers strains H3N8 and H3N2)- administered annually - This vaccine is not part of the DHPP combo vaccine. It is a separate vaccine that prevents against two different strains of the flu. If a pet has not had it before it is administered as a two-part vaccine. Once the first one is administered, it is recommended that the second one be administered at least 2-4 weeks later, but no later than 6 weeks
- A negative fecal test performed annually
- During summer months, monthly Flea and Tick Prevention
- At 6 months of age or older, all dogs are required to be spayed or neutered
For cats who are boarding, the requirements are as follows:
*A CONSENT FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT FOR EACH BOARDING STAY. There are other required documents to be filled out for boarding and daycare once yearly, but if those documents are out of date or we do not have them on file for your pet we will let you know. To fill out the required documents ahead of time, please see the ONLINE FORMS section of our website.
There is no exception to these requirements unless stated by your veterinarian for medical reasons. If you do not use Chatfield Veterinary Hospital as your regular veterinarian, you must provide us with a copy of these vaccinations either before coming to daycare or boarding, or you may bring a copy with you when you drop-off your pet.
Geriatric patients may have a reason that they no longer need vaccinated, a veterinarian will need to asses if your pet is eligible to decline vaccines.
PLEASE NOTE: if a patient is new to us or their wellness exam is overdue, an exam must be performed before we administer any vaccines.
In the interest of your pet's safety and well-being, it is recommended that your pet be up to date on all vaccines PRIOR to your boarding reservation or play date. We are not able to guarantee your pets vaccines can be updated during their stay